Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Small Stone - Past Expiration

I'm embarrassed to admit this:

I finished a massive cleanup job this morning.
It involved our medicine cabinet and the drawers in our bath.
I also tackled the area under the sinks - that nether region of forgotten items.

For two people who don't take much medication except an occasional Tylenol,
I couldn't believe all the outdated prescriptions and potions in the medicine cabinet.
Speaking of Tylenol, why did we think we were low on supply?
Bottle after bottle were hiding in there.

We moved into this house in 1995.
Some of the dates on the bottles preceded our move!
I think they were definitely "past expiration date"!
Truthfully, I can't remember ever getting rid of stuff in that cabinet.
We just kept adding to it until the disarrayed shelves could take no more.
"Out of sight, out of mind" seemed to be our motto.
(This travesty of clutter sprang from a couple who tend to be tidy.)

Now all is pristine, and I'm feeling a pride that I hope doesn't go before a fall.

No photos today obviously - I've shocked you enough.

My challenge to you is this:

Before you judge, go to your own bath and start opening doors and drawers.
Unless you've moved recently, I bet you'll be as appalled as I was.
Happy reorganizing and cleaning!


PS If you need any Tylenol, let me know...



(comments closed)