Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Walking with the Olympus

Maggie Pond frozen - ski area in background - base of Peak 9

Earlier in the week, I went into town for a haircut.
I decided to have a walkabout before the appointment.
I put the 17mm pancake on the Olympus and took it along.

Saint Mary's Catholic Church - taken from deck of Community Center

I haven't used the DSLR much this winter.
The pancake lens is so light that I barely know I'm carrying a camera.
However, when I'm exercising on the trails, it gets in the way.
The iPhone is just so easy.

Blue River stilled under ice and snow

However, I like the photos the Olympus produces.
It makes me feel like a "real" photographer.
I also like the heft of it in my hands.

walkway along the Blue River

We have so much snow on the ground.
We're in a melt/freeze cycle now and footing is treacherous.
Unfortunately, I can't use my Yaktrax in town because surfaces vary so much.
Sometimes there's ice or snow on the walkway, other times it's clear.

metal sculpture, Riverwalk

I must watch my step and walk carefully so I don't fall.
I feel like a very old woman as I creep slowly across ice and packed snow.
Well, I guess I AM an old woman!

deck seating, Community Center

Someday, it will be summer.
But, not for a long while...

Bob got good results from his first blood test since starting treatment for his cancer.
We feel relieved - thank you to all who offer us positive thoughts and prayers.
There is no control over the future.
We live fully day by day.

There is always One Good Thing.

(comments closed)