Thursday, June 27, 2024

Summer - Thank Goodness!

It's finally summer at high altitude.

Globe Flowers bloom in boggy areas

I spend as much time as possible outdoors.

Paintbrush

Blooms paint the landscape in vivid colors.

Arnica and a decaying stump make a simple tableau

Temperatures remain pleasantly cool - some snow stays on high peaks all summer.

Senecio

Wildflowers bloom in profusion.

morning light on Ten Mile Creek

Streams and rivers run high from snowmelt.

Lupine offer a sweet, musky scent

Summer is a colorful gift after a long, white winter.

Bob and I remain active and feel well. I don't spend a lot of time sitting. I limit computer time. We share responsibilities for cooking and cleanup. I find cooking to be a necessary but unwelcome chore. Unfortunately, we have to eat - we like food but preparation is tiresome.  After dinner, we like to read until bedtime. I'm thankful for our eyesight since reading is so important to us. Now that I'm 80, I realize that every moment I can enjoy Life is bonus time. 

blue Columbine - Colorado's state flower

My One Good Thing today is the awakening of blooms after a long sleep.

I hope Life gives you many good things.



Thank You for visiting!


(comments closed)