Friday, February 12, 2021

Sad/Happy News

I'm a little sad lately. A dear friend had a major accident at the ski area. A broken femur required surgery. Her fractured wrist is casted. She celebrated her 84th birthday in a Denver rehab. No visitors are allowed, but a bunch of friends Zoomed with her on her birthday. I'm reminded of the fragility of life which can and does change in an instant.

However, today, I need to celebrate. Eighteen years ago, on February 12, Bob and I became grandparents for the first time. Ben was born, and a minute later, his twin, Amanda, made her debut. I remember the elation of seeing them for the first time, right after their birth, as we gazed through the window of the neonatal unit. Bob started crying immediately. He had seemed less excited than I was initially about being a grandparent, but his heart filled with love the instant he saw them. Both of us have been smitten ever since. Today they are officially young adults. They've brought us a great deal of joy and pride. They'll graduate high school this spring and are making plans for their future.

"cooking" at about 1 year 

sharing a joke





Happy 18th Birthday, Ben and Amanda! Just thinking of you makes me smile!

Grandchildren are my One Good Thing today and every day.

(comments closed)