Monday, November 27, 2017

Life through Photos


Today, I walked trails on the east of town with a friend.
It was unseasonably warm.
Since melting snow freezes overnight,
we had to tread carefully over icy patches.


I used my Olympus with a 17mm pancake lens.
I love taking landscapes and portraits with that lens.
It’s very light and quick.


After finishing about 5 miles, I said goodbye to my friend.
I continued walking through town.
I practiced shooting street scenes.
I admire the street shots of other photographers.
 However, I’m reluctant to invade others’ privacy.


Some skilled street photographers manage to mask identity.
Their photos include people but the angle or processing preserves anonymity.
Those photos draw me into the scene and the story.


All our lives are story, of course.
The way others interpret the story may or may not be true.


Today, I’m telling you a story through photos.
It’s somewhat a story of my life.
I let it open to your interpretation.


My story in photos is my one good thing today.


(Comments closed.)