Amanita Muscaria is the only hallucinogenic mushroom found in CO. During our wet August, they grew in profusion in the forests at high altitude. They're nicknamed "Fly Agaric" because they were once used as fly poison. Colorful and whimsical-looking, they're actually dangerous if ingested and can cause fatality. A friend's dog nearly died after eating them. Their beauty attracts, but, in this case, red sends a warning.
fairy dust gnome abode
hallucinogenic magic mushroom
intoxicating beauty fatal attraction
I can't identify this mushroom, but I hope it's harmless.
It reminds me of a Yogi twisted into an intricate pose.
It sat all alone on the forest floor.
I didn't see any others like it.
Can you see its look of surprise - its mouth shaped like an O?
It's my favorite mushroom this season.