Saturday, June 12, 2021

Let Your Spirit Bloom


 
Spring is an elusive season at high altitude.

do bees have knees?

I've planted some deck boxes with pansies which tolerate cold.
Other more delicate annuals must wait a bit longer.


We live just above 10,000' (3,000m).
Days in June remain pleasantly cool, and nights are still chilly.
Hiking in the early morning, especially when gaining elevation, requires a jacket.
I'm alert while climbing through the forest, but so far in June haven't encountered a bear or moose.


Pausing at this skeletal tree, I send positive and healing thoughts to family and friends.
I entreat myself to extend kindness, stay calm, show tolerance. 
I believe that we all put powerful signals into the Universe.
May mine be free of anger and judgement.

Globeflowers

Wildflowers are blooming in boggy areas of the forest.

Marsh Marigolds

Globeflowers and Marsh Marigolds raise their fresh faces toward the sun.

Globeflowers

light shining through delicate petals

They are both fragile and tenacious.
(Perhaps like you....)


There is a pervading quiet on winding trails through old growth forest.
Rustling of small forest creatures and songs of birds accompany me.
The burbling of Lehman Creek permeates the silence.




I'm thankful for wilderness that heals the spirit.
Hiking through springtime wild places is my one good thing today.

Thank you for spending time with me.
I hope you've enjoyed your visit.

(comments closed)