Sunday, December 3, 2017

Waiting for Snow


We're very dry in Summit County, CO.
Ski areas are open with limited terrain.
I haven't skied yet this season.


Temperatures have been warmer than normal.
Lately, stormy skies portend wind, not snow.
This week's forecast is finally calling for colder weather.
Our extended mildness has been nice, but we wait for white!


Until we get snow, I hike and walk.
My daily goal is between 5-8 miles.
Sometimes, I feel good and go longer.
I think at my age (73), it's important to keep moving.
So far, my hips and knees cooperate.


Often, I carry the Olympus with the 17mm pancake.
Both the camera and lens are light and versatile.
The weight doesn't bother my shoulders and neck.


Last evening was the Race of the Santas and the Lighting of Breckenridge.
800 Santas in all sizes, shapes, and colors ran down Main Street.
Our town Santa arrived in a vintage Corvette.
His reindeer and sleigh need to wait for snow.


Lights glowed off the skin of ice on Maggie Pond.


We watched the sun set behind the buildings on Main Street.
We did a little snow dance as we headed home.



I hope you find beauty wherever you are.
The beauty that surrounds me is my one good thing today.


(comments closed)