Sunday, November 5, 2017

Go with the Flow

I've always loved the ebb and flow of water


It acts as a mirror to our souls.


The sound and movement of rapids energize.


Eddies invite rest and contemplation.


Water takes the path of least resistance; it shows the way.


Water is one of the 4 elements: fire, water air, earth.
It is the element of emotion and the unconscious.


It soothes and frightens in equal measure.

Water is a vital nutrient.
The body depends on it for survival.
It is a life-force in Nature.


I like photographing water in its many guises.
Light and shadow play on its surface.
Underneath is an eternal and unknowable power.

Most of these photos were taken near my home in CO where I walk to find water.
The ocean photo was taken in Solano Beach, CA, 
where I spend part of the spring listening to and watching the surf.

The mystery and magic of water are my good things today.

(comments closed)