Monday, September 25, 2017

Finding Good in Sad Times

Angelica, my garden angel, 
lends grace and beauty to my garden.

Do you see her presiding serenely from the rear?

She has blessed the blooms for 15 years.


Whatever the weather brings, she stands, calm and peaceful.


Even when younger, she had a weathered appearance.
However, you could read her signs and admire the little gardening tools.


Now she's falling apart.
Her wings are cracked and peeling.
The tools and ornaments have disappeared.
Her heart is rusted.
She's rickety.


Angelica has weathered so many storms.
She speaks to me of perseverance and hope.
But, she will not make it through another summer.
Sadly, Angelica has seen her last garden season.
I'll miss her - she's been a quiet presence and a good listener.

Thinking of all the years Angelica has been faithful is my one good thing today.
Even in sadness there are good things to remember.

(comments closed)